View Single Post
Old 12-17-2004, 04:37 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
I got my Barcelona beauty off of Autotrader with 44k miles on it, now on the fringes of 45. I the person also posted his website there with screenshots and more information on it. This included screenshots of very minor hail damage, which is even harder to see in person since you have to have just the right reflection to see those little circular spirals on the hood and some of the top. What I also did was email the person confirming my interest and then called him up just to hear the man and woman, since they were married and the SVX was technically the wife's, behind the car. I advise you should do the same. What my parents pushed me into doing, which was actually a good idea was bring it to a mechanic, my parents wanted our trusted local mechanic who is a half an hour away, but if you want you can bring it to the nearest Subaru dealer and/or mechanic. Thats how I found out about a little brake problem, my right rear caliper was shot and all the pads were uneven. Of course I also met the people in person and test drove it.

In my opinion using the internet to shop for cars is just as trusting as the newspaper or catalog, if not a whole lot more if you get the right person. I also managed to nagociate the price from $4900 down to $4400, of course it is always a good idea to be there in person and inspect it first before nagotiating.

Last edited by Weebitob; 12-17-2004 at 04:41 PM.