Thread: Soa?
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2004, 05:15 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
I only sent in the names of those SVXers that agreed to it.
I sent them to SOA and even I was never contacted.

The marketing people at SOA do not seem to have any persistence in following up things. They seem to be suffer from the same 'instant gratification syndrome' that affects much of the younger generation in the USA.
The old axiom of, "If at first you don't suceed, try, try again" does not hold relevance anymore. However, history teaches us that it usually works and should be used more by all marketing people.

In my own case, in the early spring, I went on the web site for the 2005 Outback wagon, test drove it's various models and talked pricing with a few dealers. SOA follwed-up only once as did each dealership sales person. I did not buy the Outback XT Ltd. wagon then, because of the chaos caused by my mom-in-law's hospialization and deteriorating health. We also just replaced the central air condensing unit for our house. That was an unexpected expense. Now that things have settled down, I will eventually buy the Outback or the Legacy GT turbo wagon. The Legacy wagon & Outback sedan are not selling well so you can get better deals on them.

I hope SOA reads this message and it makes an impression on the VP in charge of marketing, but I doubt it.

'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!