Thread: Svx Nightmare!
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 10:54 AM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsILayDying View Post
its a horrible ordeal. If you wanted to buy the car from me, then I would actually consider selling it, how much is a different story. I'm looking for a new tranny now, and we'll see what I can find.
I have had the clunking sound before.. well more grinding/clunking and it was a CV joint. It could happen that everything went bad.. but I don't hear anything suggesting the transmission is bad.

I am concerned, like nextse7en, that someone would essentially tell you "everything" is wrong with your car. If your mechanic knowledge is lacking, like mine, please LISTEN to the guys here. They can really help you diagnose your problem.

I no longer trust local mechanics - no matter how nice they may seem because it seems they think a car is a car is a car. Take some time to investigate your problem with the people here. It's tougher because they can't be there with you but if you want to fix what's actually broken, you'll need the technical advice you can get here. Unless you really want to just spend the money you don't have.

A first stop might be to give Tom (svxfiles) a call : http://www.svxfiles.com/

When I have a problem, I call just about everyone I know to try and diagnose my issue.

Don't give up prematurely on your car when you haven't confirmed your problem with members here. I am in no way made of money but I have managed to take care of my SVX on a college student's salary + some elbow grease. Loving the SVX means learning about it. (and slowly becoming a mechanic yourself)

Most importantly, don't underestimate your own skill. If you can learn, you can fix.

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram