View Single Post
Old 09-19-2002, 01:33 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by benebob

Yes the L did come with ABS. It wasn't standard but I think at least in 95 it was standard with AWD. I'd have to check my lit. though to be sure if it was a seperate option or coupled with AWD.

As for a vehicle being able to take skiing and onto the beach. The dif. between a legacy gt and Outback is neg. Maybe an inch and 5 degrees of approach/departure angles. Besides, unless your talking 18+ inches of snow the difference between any of these subarus is small if you take into account tire choice. I work at Ski Roundtop in the winters (for the free skiing of course) and have never had a problem in my svx. Looks is subjective, I wouldn't want you to not get what you want but I would recommend finding a GT for a test drive. Dog wise, the SVX probably isn't the best choice as you'll be cleaning all kinds of slobber of your leather or synth. depending on the model. Plus leather and dogs tend not to go well together.

There is a Red 94 FWD SVX L at a dealer in York, PA. I think they want $7995 for it but I'm sure you can get it for about $6k, its been there for quite some time now.
In 95 it was called the "Active Safety Package" this included ABS and AWD.

Also, I feel that the L steering feels 'tighter' at lower speeds. I like it better.

Mike