View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 12:37 PM

Registered SVX
Somewhat off topic, but related to this last post.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by essveeexxee View Post
... it is still a fact that bankers who have received all those billions that will take who knows how long for us to repay are not doing a thing to help people who were gyped into A.R.M.s where if left at 6-8 percent could continue to make their payments. But, they are STILL receiving no help. Payments that were $600 a month are now $1500 a month. By simply lowering the rate back to where it was they could save so many people the disaster of losing their home...
Soon after the "bailouts" began, Tom received a letter from a credit card company with whom we carry a substantial balance. I don't remember the exact wording, but I certainly remember the letter. It began with "Dear So-and-so, in this time of financial crisis (or hardship, whatever term they used)......"

I thought they were going to lower, or at least freeze, our rates. Guess what? They were informing us that they would be RAISING our rates to help THEM get through the financial crisis! (I am not making this up!) Our only recourse would be to pay off the entire balance (perhaps with another credit card) or just accept it.

BOHICA!!!!!

(Bend Over, Here It Comes Again )

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint