View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 11:21 PM

Exclamation 94 SVX *New Owner*

Hello everyone my name is Brandon.

I had just purchased a 1994 SVX and got a steal because they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. The downside is that it has 302k miles in it. My fix happened to be the fusible link under the hood in the fuse panel. Put a new one in and it fired up immediately.

It does have some problems and I was hoping to get some people’s input. I took it and got a free inspection down here at a local shop. They told me it sounds like i have probably 2 bad cylinders. I just put new NGK plugs in and was gonna do the coils, but NAPA quoted me almost $600.

Anyways I was going to test them and just hopefully replace the bad ones. Any suggestions? Also he said it looks like my valve cover may be slightly leaking. But haven't noticed myself. He also said my exhaust has a pretty bad leak so i was wondering if I could put a custom exhaust on it and what size pipe i should use? And maybe straight pipe if it will not effect the car. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to having many more discussions with SVXers!

And I also need a part that I can not find anywhere! I am looking for the sleeve lock regulator. Thanks and look forward to all the input!

Last edited by svxcess; 05-31-2018 at 12:56 AM.