View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 10:40 PM
Found a lost SVX

Re: Oil Pan Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot View Post
There are rubber seals under the valve covers. It's common for them to develop leaks after a bunch of years.

As for the oil pan, despite what I was told I discovered that it's completely possible to change it without removing any other parts, although taking of the plastic under-tray makes life easier. With a 1/4" swivel joint and 10mm short socket you can get to the rear bolts above the subframe. The pan is RTV'd in place, so pull down the old pan, clean the bottom of the block, and silicon up your new one.
Thanks, I was going to try that first anyway I just wanted to double check what was going on with this beast. Anyone know where to get the rubber seals for the valve cover? The reason I assumed it was RTV on the valve cover was there seems to be some where the leak is...

Its a rusty oil pan in Az that I shipped from Pa!!!! Gottcha!!!!!! This car spent around 14 years in Pennsylvania, bought and kept there, driven everyday (rain or sleet) until I bought it and moved out here for school.

:..Fey..:2005 World Rally Blue Impreza WRX 80k and rising. MODs: Lowering springs, 22mm sway bars. SS brake lines.