Thread: MOVIT brakes
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 03:52 PM

MOVIT brakes

For those of you who tried to purchase the MOVIT brakes off the SVX that was for sale by a member here, you might be happy he would not sell them separately.
I purchased the 96 SVX, with 93,000 km on it in October, complete with the MOVIT front brakes. The brakes are amazing, you can stop real quick and no fade at all.
Now for my only issue with them, I need to replace the rotors and pads. So I contact MOVIT in Germany. They need a special number off the brakes or the original invoice, I send them the special manufacturing code off the brakes and they can then get the spec's for the brakes and give me a cost. For 2 new front rotors and new pads, almost 1000 Euro's or $1600.00 cdn or $1300.00 USD!
They also "highly recommend" that you change your front wheel bearings at the same time "to insure your brakes work perfectly", not much for the parts but 5.2 hours labor.
Real nice brakes, but owning a SVX is expensive enough without this added major expense. Just thought I'd let you all know....ya I sent the money to them, they will start to manufacture them this week, every order is a special.
Stainless steel brake lines
K&N filter, custom front grill
H.I.D low beams 5000k 35w, H.I.D fog/driving 4500k 35w
Clear front and corner lens