View Single Post
Old 02-18-2006, 01:59 AM
Which manual is "that" in??

Looking for a little pity

Well, driving to the West side EARLY this morning, I come up to one of those "3 stop redlights". You know, the ones where you finally make it up to the light on the 3rd try.

I'm sitting there and here comes the smoke from around my front fender wells.
Another smacked up PS hose? I wondered during the light, then quickly got in the right lane pulling into a Office Cheapo parking lot. PS hose??

No..... Turned out to be the dreaded silent tranny killer. The short hose from the ATF filter sprung a leak. Luckily it didn't pour out straight to the street as it's happened to other members, but rather spurted out, hitting an exhaust header causing a visual warning.

No damage done I don't think, and only a 20 minute fix, but I was still hoping for a little pity. You know, a couple of "ahhh, that's terrible electrophil!", or "Hey, it could be worse, keep that chin up guy!", or "Hey, sorry to hear it... I just paypal'd ya $60 for a fancy lunch to get your mind off the grief". You know, pity along those lines.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)