View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Alleged User

Registered SVX
Re: Random honking while driving... security system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
I'm sure this must be frustrating. I don't have a helpful suggestion at this time but I can point you to this to make you feel better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2vGGm3U6gg
LOL That's exactly what keeps happening! I'm sick of pissing people off at stop signs! I never thought of the sports thing, last time it happened with someone in front of me I just started looking behind me with my hands in the air as if it was the car behind me.

I forgot to turn off the security button when I drove it today, but it didn't do it so next time it does then I will turn the switch off. And as for the battery/idle thing, it doesn't just do it at idle, it really is totally random. Happens when at idle, when cruising at 50 mph, when cruising at 70 mph, even once while accelerating. I can't seem to find any pattern to it or anything, and it's not caused by vibration/bumps in the road either. The only thing I do know is that every time it has happened, the car was fully warmed up and driven for at least 10 minutes.

When I get a chance, I'll get under the hood and start inspecting all of the horn wiring too.

1997 SVX LSi Bordeaux Pearl
1995 SVX L AWD Polo Green - 277k miles
1986 Pontiac Fiero 3.4L Twin Dual Cam V6