View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 11:55 AM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX
Need opinions for mods..

Well I got a nice chunk of money back for my taxes and have enough to pay off my debts AND get some work done to the SVX... I have a few choices but not all the money in the world...

(Choice ONE) Exhaust = More expensive but worth it in the long run
I was very impressed with the electronic cut out and wanted to get a new exhaust system so I went to OT and he quoted me a very reasonable price for the work that has to be done plus the materials. It would be a great addition to the car and not only add a flashy cut out so I can make noise when I want but it would be a nice HP gain as well and one more thing off my list of things to do to the car.

(Choice TWO) Hood w/ scoop + mad muffler mod = Less expensive but looks great and sounds awesome
I've been wanting a Class Glass fiberglass hood with a scoop or a carbon fiber hood with a scoop since I first saw them. Also, when I told OT I was interested in getting one he suggested instead of me doing the entire exhaust that I could get the "Mad Muffler Mod" until I had the funds to do the rest of the exhaust. It's no cut out and it's still stock but it would add some performance upgrades as well as sound that I'd like.

So, what it's coming down to is that I could either get an entirely new exhaust system with a cut out OR I could get the mad muffler mod with a fiberglass hood w/ scoop.... Which should it be? (I'd love feedback)

Here's the layout for the exhaust and some pics of the hood..

Exhaust:

Hood:
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..

Last edited by Freeman; 02-15-2009 at 03:03 PM.