View Single Post
Old 12-21-2004, 04:52 PM

i know that feeling. we had a MVA with entrapment a few weeks ago...the guy had multiple fx to the head and chest...he had his brain matter hanging out... and he was still alive when we got there. we still tried like we were going to pull someone alive out. he died a few minutes after we got there. we didn't even get the tools onto the car before the medics pronounced. i've seen a 5 day old get CPR for an hour and a half. there was no chance there, but they still tried. the doctor wouldn't give up. i don't think the same situation rests here. these people actually had a cold day in hell's chance...the people in these situations didn't even have that

if i was in that bad of shape and in pain with no chance of medical attention i would like someone to do the same for me. heck, if i lost the use of my body, i wouldn't want to live either, but that is personal preference. these soldiers made a judgement call. and until you are put into that situation, you can't judge. i don't think these soldiers should be punished. i think they did the right thing. but alas, i am not the judge

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.