View Single Post
Old 07-01-2003, 04:44 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Last Saturday I brought in the '97 Outback for service and to get the A/C recharged with refrigerant. My favorite Suby dealer has a new tranny flush machine. It is a BG PF5. It fluses the tranny without the engine/tranny being on. I spoke to The service mgr. and the techs. They have done about 7 Subys so far with no ill effects. They want $118.95 plus 6% state tax to do it. They told me that they would run my synth. ATF and that I would have to bring in 12 qts. min. I'm thinking about it for the '97 SVX.

On a different note, I walked around the back of the lot where they have the really old used cars. There was a red Brat with a cap over the bed that really needs to be restored. I felt sorry for it.

They were quite a few WRX's lined up outside the body shop. Most of them had front end damage. How can parents give hot cars to teenagers? Their kids are supposed to be their most precious posession.
The salespeople told me that they sold all 5 of the STI's that they had been alotted. They sold for a surcharge over sticker price. Reminds me of the days of the first Datsun 240Z cars. The dealership is on a waiting list to get more STI's. Sounds like there is going to be plenty of 6-speed manual trannys in the junk yards in about 2 years.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!