Thread: Doh!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2001, 08:37 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
I am hoping there aren't any traffic court judges in this forum. There are many ways to get out of the ticket. The one that I do often is to look at the cop and behave as if you own the road when he pulls you over. Keep that attitude. What is the worst that can happen to you? Get a ticket? You are gonna get one anyway. Since most people act scared or sorry when a cop approach the car, if you act as if you own the road, he will be taken aback and let you go with a warning.

When you go to court -- if you needed to, get photos of the location. Those will help you throw off the scent. They are great for moving violations and what not. You can ask the officer, if he is present, to point out where he was and ask for traffic pattern on that day and weather condition (if you are caught with a radar). Most cops can't even remember and if he insists that he got you, ask him about a white corolla beside you and see if he can remember that. Chances are he is gonna say no and after that it's all your case.

Another thing I have done is as soon as he approach my car, I point out a microphone on my driver side window and tell him that the whole conversation is recorded. Oh boy, you should see the faces of cops. They will let you go too since they have to think before they speak now that they are being recorded and most do not want to think.

The only time I pleaded guilty was when I was hit with a laser. That one, I have not found an loop hole/excuse yet.

Good luck.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!