View Single Post
Old 10-01-2005, 03:37 PM
SvXchica

Exclamation Help... girl needs help!!!

**Excuse the spelling, I can NOT spell**

Ya'll I do NOT know what to do with my car!!! Ugh, it seems like its falling apart on my but I love it sooo much!!! Heres the story.

I wrecked my car in Febuary of 05, so I had to get a new one, so after looking everywhere I finally found a new one. It seemed perfect. A 95 Subaru SVX, 93,000 miles, "great condition" well the inside of it at least. The paint was a lil chipped and stratched here and there, the interior was in good shape for the most part, I saw that I would have to replace thing that holds the visor up b/c it kept falling down, but other than that I was excited, I really didn't like the color anyway and wanted to paint it black so I was like hell with it. I'm gunna get it.

After taking it to my dad's work and having him check it out and then me checking it out for things I found online to look for it looked in good shape.

A few weeks later is when the trouble started.

-my AC went out
-the whole front panel went out (w/ the defrost, air, heat, vents, clock, cig. lighter etc) it wouldn't even blow air, you could push the button as much as you wanted too and nothing would happen
-tire blew and as soon as I fixed it and turned on my car the check engine light came on and my speedometer, and odometer weren't working - it doesn't even show how many miles I've gone!
-belt broke
etc...

I finally took it into the shop after all that had happened and they fixed the AC, the front panel, and the belt - I was so excited, they were supposed to fix the speedometer and odometer and the check engine light but didn't. After they did that I talked to the guy in Subaru's service department and he told me "Look, I know you love your car, but when this car first came out it was a $35-40,000 car. The upkeep is expensive so you have to make sure you do it...and your car as some serious transmission issues. I know you love your car, but you need to trade it in" so instead of him saying he would fix it for this price he told me to trade it in. Is that weird to anyone else??

I dunno, I know I need a new trans and I want to get one, so does anyone know about how much it would cost me all together etc or any websites? I really love my car and I want to fix it, not only b/c I have no credit and can't get another car...but just b/c how many SVX's do you see on the road? Now seriously??

so please - reply or message me or something.

thx