View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 06:33 PM
shiftin' an automatic

Send a message via AIM to EddieSVX
My '92 silver LS-L for sale, sort of...

Click here for more pictures. (Updated 8/21)

The car isn't perfect, but definitely not in bad shape. I will list the things that do need attention:

The bad:

The body isn't perfect. There's numerous doordings, and the rear bumper has a dent on the left side along with scrape marks. All of this happened while parked at my work building's parking garage! (didn't get a single note from either a*hole that messed my car up). However, the paint and clearcoat are better than average, considering the age of the car.

Now for the good (considering the car's over 13 years old):

The car has 85k miles.

Just had an oil change (always performed at Chaplin's Subaru in Bellevue, WA...) as of 7/14 with 84503 miles.

The car also received a full wheel/tire balancing that resolved an issue with it feeling shaky at 65 MPH. The car runs really smooth now at any speed.

I just installed a brand new set of cross-drilled and slotted brake rotors (all 4 corners) from Racepconcepts at 84220 miles. They include front metallic and rear semi-metallic pads. I also have stainless-steel braided brake lines that will be installing in a week or so (came as part of the brake kit from Raceconcepts).

The front axles (both) are brand new, well, since 75k miles. Extended warranty replacement.

The transmission was rebuilt (also at 75k miles) by TRC down in California, and installed by Chaplin's Subaru. Extended warranty. It shifts smooth. This is probably the most common expensive repair needing to be performed on SVX's, so this one should give you peace of mind for quite some time as it has less than 10k miles on the rebuild.

The driver-side power window controls were replaced (at 75k miles, not that it matters with such item, hehe) with a brand new unit. Also, a "stopper" was replaced since the window was making a "clunk" sound when fully lowered. The window goes up and down like new.

The leather is in great shape. No tears at all (the driver side shows a little wear on the left shoulder, but minimal). It actually shines.

It has an almost brand new (as of 76 ~ 77k miles) set of Yokohama AVS ES100 tires (225/50). These are really great tires! I have Pirelli Pzero Neros on my S4 (more expensive tire) and in my opinion the ES100's are just as good.

And, of course, being an LS-L that means the car has the Touring package (sunroof, rear spoiler, leather, electronically controlled speed sensitive steering, etc.).

I am the second owner (I do not know the first owner but it was supposedly an older woman who traded it in for a Millenia S or something similar at the dealer I bought the car from back in March of 2003).

I'm asking $4500 for it. The car is financed and my current balance is somewhere in the vicinity of $5000, which means I will need to pay some out of pocket to pay it off and get the title if I sell it. I will NOT be making any money here, so please keep that in mind when considering negotiating the price. However, that does not mean I will be stubborn about it if I find a serious buyer.

If you're interested, feel free to e-mail me at eddiehazell@hotmail.com or call my cell 425-891-6689. I will be cleaning the car up this weekend to have it ready in case anyone's interested in looking at it or test driving it.

Oh yea, I'm in Redmond, work in Bellevue, and frequent the Puyallup area as well...

Thanks for your interest!
'92 SVX LS-L (For Sale! Info and link to pics... ) #9536 blt. 4/92 (late boomer '92)
'01 Audi S4 (2.7L Twin Turbo - 6MT)

Last edited by EddieSVX; 08-22-2005 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Updating...