Thread: 4EAT issues
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 06:12 PM

Yea, i was babying her for the week. Poor car only has seen the road for 58K miles. She had some dirty ATF and I had her flushed, she seemed pretty good for about... 25-35 miles? then began the slippage again like before. Would the filter screen still be a possiblity?

As soon as i realized what was going on, i took it to the back roads and stayed under 50, and usually pretty close to 40. I had her jacked up today, and was taking a look. The tranny has a good amount of fluid and such around it, as if the gasket is gone. but the pan shows nothing as far as leakage. Unfortunately, I don't have a day off until thursday to get a good look at her, or take her up to a transmission shop...

As far as fixing, possibly the filter as you mentioned, but if more is developed within the transmission, could a shift kit possibly work? or would it require new clutchpacks and rebuild, then possibly a shift kit?

Part that sucks, i really dont have the $ to fix it, but it's not a car i want to get rid of. If i did sell her it would be cheap cuz of the tranny issue, but if i rebuilt it i would have no reason to sell it... unless something else happens.

I appreciate your help Harvey. I think that's going to be my first step.