View Single Post
Old 09-01-2001, 11:41 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Re: why would anyone want a tv in their car??

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Mummert

Rather than continue the new-age tendancy to load the car with more & more techno-paraphernalia, I've decided to just park the car in the family room. Please Lord, give me back the days when we were entertained by a lousy AM radio, & the company of passengers conversing about what saw out the window while actually enjoying the "motoring" experience. Kids counted out-of-state license plates and how many Mustangs & Cougers they could spot. Pass the ESSO road map, please. Now, if I can only get this freakin' thing folded! Ron.

Amen, and pass me a pack o' "Nabs" and a "Nugrape!" Once, when counting license plates (at around the age of ten), I arrived at a theory: No one lives in Michigan. They all buy Winnebegos and traverse the country. It seemed as though Michigan always won the plate counting contest . . . I always got in trouble for playing too rough in a game of "cow punch" and screaming "pop eye" too loud. I remember falling to sleep to the hum of the road while lying in the floorboard (I was small enough and the cars were big enough) on long trips -- my sister and I would swap (the seat and the floor). Of course this younger generation will one day have their own memories of actually driving cars instead of having their particles disassembled and reassembled in another location -- ah, I remember the days . . .
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI