View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 12:49 PM

Re: Barnyard Find SVX Restoration

Status update:

I'm going home for Christmas this week and want the SVX inspected and running as my daily for when I go back to school halfway through January. Time to break out the wrenches!

Got the text saying the brake lines are done. Nearby fuel lines looked pretty good, so we decided not to open that can of worms until necessary (so about 3 years from now when I'm inevitably stuck on the side of the highway with fuel everywhere thinking of this moment).

I'm also adding a few things to the to-do list that I've forgotten. If I come across any problems that I don't see a fix for here, I'll make a fix and let you guys know what works.

I'm watching the snow fall in Erie (and apologizing profusely to the 91 Legacy Battlewagon that I'm putting through hell), and have decided to put some meaty snow tires on the spray painted OEM rims the car came with, so watch out for videos of an SVX climbing trees.

The previous owner had a thing for spray paint, since he rattle canned the grill black when he did the wheels. I'm thinking of replacing it with another clear one, but placing my EZ Pass and possibly a radar detector in it. I'll know more when I get home and take some measurements.