Thread: Rough Idle
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 06:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to ykobayashi
Registered SVX
Rough Idle

All,

Been fighting a rough idle for about a year now. I was getting a CEL and I jumped the ECU and figured out that the light was the O2 sensor on driver side so I immediately replaced it. I then started it up got another CEL, jumped ECU again and found that it was a bad knock sensor. I replaced both of those and started up the car. Still runs rough, now with no CEL.

I tried seafoaming the car to no avail. I have been using gas treatment and stabilizer in the tank. I checked to see if maybe faulty spark plug wiring or a grounded plug, nothing of the sort.

The engine runs like it has a vacuum hose undone. I've checked everything but nothing seems to be undone. The car shakes and there is a "putt putt putt" coming from the exhaust. Last ditch effort is that I have not changed #6 plug during the last plug change and perhaps the plug is fouled up? I doubt it as the car has just over 60k on the clock and the others were clean when I pulled them a year ago (l've put less than 1000 miles on the car since)

Anyone have ANY ideas? I am running out of alternatives, help!

Thanks,

Yoshi

[B]1995 SVX L AWD - Original Owner
65k - Brilliant Red
Mods: K&N Drop In Filter, Sony aftermarket CD/MP3 Stereo and Speakers, Sumitomo HTR+ Tires

2004 Mazda 6S 5-door - Steel Grey - 5 speed manual transmission - Daily Driver

2011 Mazda CX-9 - Wife's ride

Last edited by ykobayashi; 04-27-2010 at 06:50 PM.