View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 04:53 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Trying to save $ on gsa for SVXes

I am trying to save a little money on gasoline by using half premium and half mid-grade when I fill up. The SVX runs on 91 octane gasoline. In my area (mid-atlantic states) premium is 93 octane. Mid-grade is 89 octane. Currently there is about a ten cents per gallon differential between the two grades.
My system is to fill up when the gas gage is at the halfway mark. I alternate the premium and mid-grade fill-ups. I keep a small pad & pencil in each SVX to record the grade of gas used at the fill-up, so I can keep trak on each SVX.
So far there have been no ill effects on any of our SVXes.

The next fill-up for all our SVXes will be premium.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear that Ripimoff Industries is working on a fuel pill to drastically increase fuel milage. It is a capsule of catalysts in a special holder that attaches to the tailpipe. A plastic tube is then run to the overflow nozzle on the gas tank. Treated exhaust gas is mixed with the gas in the tank. The catalized exhaust fumes are combustible and do not degrade the gasoline in the tank. It also cuts down on polution. It is a member of a class of catalysts known as IFS (Inertial Flatulence Suppositories). I also hear that Ripimoff Industries has hired the world famous Italian opera singer and wine connoisseur, Renaldi Moomerti, to represent them in their commercials. I can't wait to see these TV adds.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!