Thread: A/C Compressor?
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2003, 05:26 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I wonder if you're having the same problem as I might be having. My A/C is fine provided I keep RPMs at or above 2k (my dad just added a can). Below that and I get slightly below luke warm temperature out of the vents.

Hooked up the gauge to the low side and found that the pressure would seem to be normal but then the compresser would stop and the pressure would rise into the red area (65 I believe). My dad would vent off the pressure (shhh...don't tell anyone) and the compresser would start up again.

Strange thing was that during the venting it only looked like air was coming out of the system. If the compresser kicked in during venting then it turned to mist.

My dad thinks that the compresser might be leaking pressure from the HP side to the LP side. Haven't had time or money to investigate further yet.

I've been driving it like this and so far the A/C has been fine whereas before the can was added there was no A/C. I didn't have any A/C at Reading.