View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 10:16 AM
Subaru Parts Guy

Registered SVX
Re: 5mt writeup... Finally done

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcimos View Post
Thanks for replying on the thread. All i know about the setup that i have is the tranny is from a late 90's n/a Legacy and it cable driven. The drive-line has been adjusted and the internals of the rear end has a Legacy components in it. I believe its the 4.44 lsd Legacy swap. The new tranny i have is from a 03 WRX turbo model. My pedals was setup for cable. The clutch and flywheel I have in the car now is from a n/a Legacy. I just want to know what i need to do to install the WRX tranny in replacement of the Legacy. Thanks
Got your PM, but I'll keep the info in the thread so it can be looked over and used in the future.

You'll need everything but the modified transmission crossmember and the modified driveshaft. You might be able to get away with using pieces from both shifters.

The 90's Legacy transmission is a push, cable clutch style. The 03 WRX is pull, hydraulic.

So your pedal box needs to be modified to use a hydraulic clutch. You'll need the actual hydraulic components, master, slave, lines, hose and a spot on the firewall to mount everything.

You'll need a new clutch and flywheel to match the transmission.

I believe you can use the factory SVX rear diff with a 03 WRX transmission. The 90 Legacy NA transmission is either 3.90 or 4.11 FD, so the 4.44 rear diff won't work.

I'm sure I'm missing something.. anyone else?

1994 Legacy GT
2001 Forester
2002 Impreza WRX
2005 Impreza WRX STI

Need parts?