View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 08:50 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Also

I also have both FWD and AWD. As to overall driving, I much prefer the AWD. However, my FWD is definitely faster in all respects (and it has the most miles of all of them). I live in the wide open spaces with higher speed limits and fewer blue lighters--do I need to say more. The FWD takes the curves great--the AWD is just better. Yes, there is torque steer on the FWD--but not terribly bad.

I could care less about the light to light speed as this car was never designed to be a dragster. The lower gear ratios are a waste of money to me unless you just needed to replace the tranny and that was the cheapest option.

And actually if you put leather seats in the FWD there is very little difference in the accoutrements. I have everything in mine except for ABS brakes (the lack of which lightens the car by several pounds) and the suede trim. Of course, the leather seats and some other things were not stock for the car.

Oh, yes, I haven't noticed anyone mention the increased head space in the cars without sunroofs.

I also, do not accept the test figures as cold hard facts as there is a very high probability that the test standards and or vehicle equipment varied from year to year. They are just good "marks on the wall" for general performance data.

Just my .02.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE