View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 07:03 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVeXy96 View Post
This whole debate is rediculous to me. FWD vs AWD is a matter of style and preference. If all you are about is who can drive in a straight line for a half mile the fastest then my guess is FWD is better cause its lighter, but as far as everyday driving and inclement weather I don't care...nothing beats AWD PERIOD! And me personally I could care less how fast my SVX can go a quarter mile if I'm feeling "the need for speed" that bad I'll hop a $20 flight to another island where I can go 0-150+ in about 4 seconds. When it comes to cars if there's no curves in the track I'm not interested. Straight line racing is just a metaphor for men to argue who has bigger balls or a bigger penis... in my opinion at least.
You make a very good point, and I'll agree with your opinion, and go farther.

ALL racing, oval track, straight line, twisty circuit, rally, rally cross, all racing comes down to one guy trying to prove he is a better man than the other guy. Or has a better car. Or has faster reactions. Or in many cases has a bigger bank balance.

So just because straight line racing is not your thang, there really is no point in raining on the other guy's parade.

This does not affect the issue in this thread; the fwd drive cars have the same hp and drag factor and tyres as the AWD cars, but have less weight, therefore they are faster, that's the bottom line, suck on it and learn to live with it.

The AWD rear assist US car is a better car than the FWD car, that's my own opinion, but it's slower because it's heavier. The Euro and JDM SVX is a better car than the US AWD car because it has the full-time VTD gearbox, plus the lower final drive of 3.70. That's my opinion too, but I'm sticking to it.

Best SVX of the lot has got to be a VTD equipped car with the 4.44 final drive and all the toys. I don't think that car has been built yet, unless our Japanese brothers have done it.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl