Old 04-20-2001, 12:19 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Long shot on the tranny issue

Quote:
Originally posted by eddycat2000

And good thoughts they are too James. The pathfinder and Pickups used a similar version of the Subaru 4EAT transmission. And I'm sure that they must be more available than an orphan like the SVX. That might just be the ticket for him, as far as where to get his trans fixed.

Just for future reference, the 4eat stand for 4 (speed) Electronically Activated Transmission.

However if he can't get it done there, I can have my bags packed in a new yourk minute!
That is a good idea guys, all this flamethrowing is leading to creative thinking. I presume James' Nissan Q45 and a Pathfinder are the same thing, it would have to be 4WD. I'm pretty sure Pathfinders were available here, if they even sold one, they would need to have the technical backup literature at the dealers or distributors.

On a negative note, and James will be aware of this, most Jeeps [that's what we collectively call 4x4's round here] would be bought in manual form for farm work. The main 4x4 to come in auto form is the Range Rover, more to do with cost and owner profile than usability. I will track down some Nissan contacts though and give it a go.

Joe