View Single Post
Old 04-20-2004, 08:05 PM
SVX Appeal

I got a check engine light a few weeks ago so I culled the codes. I had three codes, one for the engine temperature sensor, and both oxygen sensors. I haven't fixed anything yet, but I've noticed that the check engine light only comes on as the engine is warming up. Once the temperature gauge reaches the 1/4 mark, the light comes on, flickers a few times, then goes out as the gauge finally climbs to it's resting point at the 1/2 mark. I figure that the ECU has been seeing the wrong temperature and thus can't figure out why the oxygen sensors would be giving such strange readings. It just assumes they're bad. ...or maybe they really are bad and it can't figure out why the temperature sensor is giving such strange readings. If they were all faulty, then I would think the oxygen sensors would trigger the check engine light and it would stay on whenever there is a bad signal. ...but like I said, I only get the light when it's warming up.

Either way, it's not affecting the engines performance in any way, so I'm in no hurry to fix it.