View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 06:47 AM

Re: Who has purchased strut replacements from Subaru recently?

I've replaced rear struts and rear upper mounts on my silver SVX within the past couple of years. New parts came from Subaruparts.com in both instances. As noted here before, the left mount failed when I was making a turn about 250 miles from home and I knew from the sound and location of the racket that it couldn't have been much else, and upon removal both mounts (or what was left of 'em) looked as if they'd been salvaged from the bottom of the sea. The car is otherwise corrosion-free, but it spent its early years in snowy climes, whereas the teal is a lifetime sunbelt car.

On another trip, also a couple of hours from home, I hit a deep depression in the roadway at speed and the rear suspension bottomed hard, the right-side strut having blown.

Both times I drove home without incident, taking care to check my speed and mind curves and pavement irregularities, as the car was porpoising like Flipper on meth.

I looked for some sort of date stamp or code on the struts and packaging, but found none. Delivery was quick.

No troubles since.

dcb