Thread: Upgraded Brakes
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 03:46 PM

Re: Upgraded Brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKiwiSVX View Post
Well, after much web research & feedback from forum members, my brake upgrade replacement project comprises:

- Rotors from dba in OZ (solid rears with after market slotting, vented & slotted fronts)
- Bendix pads (General CT)
- SS braided lines from Dayle at Motor Sports Warehouse (7-day delivery from the USA!)
- DOT 4 brake fluid
- Removal of dust shield from front rotors

All the above work is being done at the Continental Cars Services - Ferrari/Maserati workshop in Newmarket (I have a friend who works there) next Wednesday morning after which I will bring you an update on how it all panned out.

Thanks again for your feedback. Best to learn from others & do it right first time.
Well, the brake upgrade was completed last Wednesday & after 700km I can report that all is as expected.

The initial firmer bite & pedal feel is soooo much better. Hard braking from open road speeds is fantastic & confidence inspiring. The previous soft pedal feel is gone & there is so much less pedal pressure required to achieve the same/improved braking performance. Even without any scientific data, I will be so bold as to suggest that the overall braking distance has been reduced.

In summary, the total cost of parts & labour was NZ$1,617, which I consider to be very good value for the benefits achieved, esp. when safe & assured braking is so very important.

Thanks to all those who contributed their feedback.

Next up is the QSK followed by some suspension improvements (tbd via another thread).

Last edited by RedKiwiSVX; 09-04-2011 at 07:13 PM.