View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX
Re: How To Do the Bosch Relay Mod???

Bumped for the newkid, and for a couple of notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius View Post
The next piece of wire from the relay to the battery was about 2ft long.

The last piece of wire from the relay to a ground (I chose a mounting point on the front of the engine) was about 2.5-3ft long.
The battery links straight up to the starter; no need to run a wire to the front of the car when you can throw a ring terminal on a wire and place it on the starter.

Your ground wire is unnecessarily long, as well. The bolt you're holding the relay in place with is a perfect ground (get out your multimeter and check if you don't believe me), requiring maybe 4 inches of wire, and not running all around your underhood.

FWIW, this is still causing problems for my car. Keep in mind that I do have a manual transmission... I use the clutch when I stop and when I shift, which is something that automatic pilots don't have to do. Anyone with a slushbox who wants to compare notes will have to shift into neutral to see what I'm dealing with.

I still get the check engine light often when I have the clutch pedal down, and it ALWAYS goes immediately away when I turn the cruise off with the dash button. Also, lately at stoplights, the idle has been hunting with the cruise on, but it idles cleanly with it off.

I've looked at the wiring diagrams, and I'm not really sure how to solve this one. We're really changing things with this mod - at least for cars with clutches.