View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 08:49 PM
aka sir_romeo

Send a message via MSN to kuroneko_sama Send a message via Yahoo to kuroneko_sama
cant use the roof at all considering the glass takes up the whole deal, itll have to be a midpoint and lower connection, i dont expect the sealing ot be any different than that of a frameless caddilac door or any convertible. i may redesign the interior door pannels from scratch as a result, but i intend on keeping them to match.

im considering using multiple swing arms or a scissorlift style with actuators instead of a slide giving the same movement so the doors would work like a sideways jack outward when the lock is popped near the front and a telescoping swingarm towards the lower rear of the door to guide it, then a second swingarm on a slide conencted near the top of the interior panneland near the lower front to bring it forward. so it would have 3 points of stabilization and 2 points of sliding.

the motion is basically moving the door 3 inches outward followed by a slide movement of approximately 40 inches. i predict neding some kind of "desk drawer" style telescoping slides

the hang up (no pun intended) will be clearance so i can still get in and out of the car witohut stepping over too much, and having enough range of slide forwardto swing my legs out...

the pro of having it swing forward would make the shape of the door look right and give back seat access as well as being easier to close the door by reaching forward and pulling it back.

bu having a rear slide would allow me to use that plastic pannel under the rear window to add a track externally.

a forward slide door would have no visible slides from the outside.

so the most reasonable way is the least functional
Car #26..'97 SVX Silver (120k and climbing)
previous SVXi:
Car #24..'94 SVX Ebony 216k (sold)
car #18..'97 SVX LSI "Ebby" Pearl 175k (sold)
car #19..'97 SVX LSI Brilliant Red 103k (sold)
car #14..'92 SVX Claret LS-L Touring (sold)
car #13..'94 SVX Laguna Blue LS (sold)