Thread: ignition switch
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 10:36 AM

yes I did

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffast View Post
did you try changing out your ignition switch?
I replaced the ignition switch and thought I was home free! It worked a few times and I was ecstatic! Of course, like yours, it worked some of the time and sadly I soon found that I was back to square one. It just happened to start a few times right after I changed the switch.
The chances that this exact thing happened to both my SVX's and doesn't happen to other people is slim to none. The Bosch relay is a 30 amp relay and is prevalent at just about any auto supply! less than 10 dollars!
I spent weeks checking the circuit with my voltmeter and couldn't find why the voltage dropped when the ignition switch was turned to start. I even jumped the wires to the start circuit right under the dash, bypassing the ignition switch totally and the voltage still dropped to about 8 volts. I had a spring loaded toggle switch under the hood and when the car would not start... get out ... raise the hood... use the switch to start it. I still have no idea whay the voltage dropped some ot the time and not others but now I am a happy camper!
Hope this helps,
Keith

Last edited by kwren; 11-15-2007 at 11:00 AM.