View Single Post
Old 02-25-2004, 09:38 AM
ex SVX owner - still keen tho

Red's arrived

at long last the red car has arrived..last Sunday got it Monday, down to subaru on Tues for service..all clear ..no issues..needed it for the whole day...got them to clean window guides..both drivers and passenger windows had marks...I then had the windows buffed ..one virtually gone...the other [drivers] badly scratched so 90% gone..I will monitor wash it a couple of times [heaps opf gunk ? behind window rubbers] and I'll take photos of what can be achieved ..I have original photos of scratch so before/after shots..I also had a star in the windscreen repaired..that came up very well...spend for window work $140, not bad compared to quote of $550 per window new glass ex Japan !!! ..6 to 8 weeks turnaround..don't ever break one..2nd hand glass ...yes avail but scratched as well..bugger

gave car detailed bath and good vacuum out, have noticed about 3 colours of red on the car..faded and damaged paint, that Perth sun is strong !!..I have lined up paint shop to redo affected areas over the next month anyway in preparation as I expected some of the paint may have needed touch up ...definitely....so I'll send shots of their work when done...

thats all for now..will be looking at the wheel options over the next couple of days and I'll do shots of those..

green car has been scrubbed and tubbed, vacc'd and mothballed in storage and only to come out on sunny days

Hey an interesting point burried in the memory of our site.. there is discussion of popping sounds that eminate from the dash ..expansion/contraction of the plastics etc..my green doesn't do that but the red one does..doesn't bother me ..just does it when you least expect it..just odd

d2 in Oz