Thread: Outgrown server
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 09:54 AM
Member Incognito

Registered SVX
Re: Outgrown server

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
ok, I will continue the grind. I guess I just wanted to make sure it was worth it. I saw over 200 post reads about our issues and no initial responses and it just planted a seed that no one cared. Also when the logs show almost 200 unique connections for post reads and such, but only 5 members, its hard to tell what is legitimate use and the near 200 connections for unknown purposes.
Chris, I can definitely understand your concerns on whether people are here or not. However, my sense is that there are a large number of people who simply prefer this format to FB or, dare I say, even SVX Nation. I like all of the sites, but this is the one I personally prefer. I'm the moderator of the old Yahoo forum (which still gets members from time-to-time), but this is where I normally go. As others have indicated, there is a lot more going on on Facebook than just SVX content, so it is great to have a few places to go that deal strictly with these cars. Even on Yahoo, I have had to fight off a number of spammers and people who wanted to start political discussions there. Forums like this and Yahoo should, in my opinion, stay has sites with SVX-only content. When I got another SVX after a ten year absence, this is where I came to re-immerse myself as it were, so thanks to you and many others who have provided such great content over the years!

"Flossie" - 92 black over pearl LS-L (sold)
"Gorgeous George" - 98 Audi A8 (traded)
"Gorgeous Genny" - 02 Audi S8 (sold)
"Green Giant" - 00 Land Rover Disco II
"Grey Wülf" - 05 Volvo S60 R
"Silver Surfer" - 92 black over liquid silver LS-L
"9 of 7" - 97 bordeaux pearl, formerly with Earl Steele