View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Catalytic Converter queston......

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Dub View Post
I don't recall my numbers (at work now), but my car did pass with flying colors about a year ago. WAY under limits on all categories. These cars run very clean when well tuned. I've changed a bunch since then like injectors; ECU, etc, so I'm hoping that next year goes as well, but so far so good.

And congrats! You had me scared in another thread saying you'd get rid of it if it failed. Glad it didn't come to that.
Thanks man! I was worried big time since they make you spend $450 or more plus fees to correct smog issues before they let you off, I just dont have it. Im sure with all your new stuff yours will do even better.

Curiously, when my whole Reno debacle happened it failed NV smog miserably at idle and revs. Im thinking that after it finally started and smoked like crazy for a minute burning out all the excess fuel it fouled the cats before I smogged it there...... but cleared out when I drove it back to Socal.... thats the only way it could go from terrible to clean im assuming

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.