View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 08:15 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Tony, I currently use the OEM computer, and I expect I will not need to go stand-alone.

Mine currently is using 5-6 lbs, and my ultimate goal is not much more than 9 lbs, but I'll see how that goes. 9-10 lbs will be my max, I think.

Paul our tuner is able to tune the SVX computer. Most tuners can't do that, they all seem to have software for the 4 cyl Soobies, but go wide-eyed when you mention 6. Even wider eyed when you mention 6 plus two knock sensors, they usually don't have enough channels for all that info.

What I hope to do is have the OEM computer work with the bigger injectors and the Nissan MAF. The advantage this will have for me is retaining the complexity of the OEM fuel map. I value driveability over power. Using an upgraded version of the standard fuel map I hope to retain things like the cold running system, work with the EGR system, react to and adjust for the aircon and so on.

For Graham's engine this will not, can not work. It is not finally decided what stand-alone we will use. We did like the AEM system, we spoke to them at a recent show. When it is more settled and details decided I will let you know the shape of things.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl