View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 08:40 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Unhappy Betty looking doubtful.

Well, good news and bad news.

We have confirmed our accommodation at the Holiday Inn on site, and tonight I will be booking the Ferry on-line. Probably the high speed craft Rosslare - Fishguard. My wife Ann is coming with me and so is John Henry, and we are already looking forward to meeting everyone.

The bad news is, I probably will not have Black Betty ready in time. I will probably have to bring the Legacy Twin Turbo estate, so I will be forced to park with the XSVXives. Oh well!!!

My mechanic Ian has the engine in the car. Good news is the engine is sound. Sounds sweet and smooth and powerful. Bad news is the gearbox does not seem to be right. It's not shifting up, holding first gear. I will have to move the car to Pat, my gearbox lad, as the engine guy knows nothing about autos, and does not want to learn either.

I took a trip in it yesterday to see what the problem with the auto might be. There is a serious growl from the back, indicating one of the rear bearings is not fit for a long trip either.

At this point, to fix all that the car requires would use up so much capital, I could not afford the JAE trip. So the holiday comes first, Betty will have to get her various fixes done on the drip.

Well, one less SVX on the stand, but at least the Legacy estate will have room for a quick foray to France and load up with cheap beer! Always a silver lining, if you know where to look.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl