View Single Post
Old 10-10-2003, 05:49 AM
Either committed, or should be

Send a message via ICQ to thumper_svx Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_svx
Registered SVX
Could an SVX be worse? Actually... I'd have to be honest and say yes. Like any mechanical device, they do vary in quality quite a bit... and in an 11 year old car you never quite know if it's been beat to hell somewhere in its 173,000 miles.

On the flip side, it sounds like the major stuff has been dealt with. However, again you don't know for sure until you can completely inspect the car. No matter how low the miles, on a car that age you are taking a gamble.

The car might give you years of trouble-free driving, but it might start breaking down in weird and wonderful ways two weeks after you get it home... the car would need a full mechanical inspection before I'd buy it (take it to a local mechanic... independent... pay for a full pre-buy inspection).

The SVX is a great car... I've owned two... but they're NO maintenance-free. Plus, some parts are getting hard to get a hold of.

I know this isn't what you really wanted to hear... but YMMV. Figure I'd rather you hear an honest opinion

Oh... but beware... one big problem with the SVX is addiction... drive it for a few days and you'll never want a different car again.