View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 09:37 AM

Re: She is back home.....finally!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaRyu View Post
Actually it's not the original Bordeaux anymore. It's the same paint as the last Thunderbird. So it's Merlot metallic. (Yes they also use the same paint on Fusion or F150, but I just wanted to say it's same color as T-bird.)

Since the color difference is very subtle I skipped painting on the door jam, and inner trunk. The result is still good. You wouldn't notice the diff unless you're told. It's slightly red-ish compare to the Bordeaux.

I like this color a lot. I gotta thank this T-bird owner. I got a hint from his/her car when I was jogging!

Claret, Bordeaux, Merlot... all red wines. I think that'll be ok.

If I were to re-paint, I might use some Porsche colors... Midnight blue non-metallic on the roof and trunk top, and either Cobalt or Aqua blue, (maybe VW's new medium blue) on the main body... maybe Subaru WRB pearl... something bright blue, with a bit of a cold silver undertone, and some titanium silver/white details.

I can only hope it would be as glossy and slick as your paint job, there, Ryu...

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 12-21-2009 at 09:50 AM.