Thread: Gearshift Maps
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 10:21 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Re: Gearshift Maps

kind of,

I was mainly talking about the downshift of the normal mode map but yes I also like to change the normal mode upshift map into a kind of a hybrid betwen the normal and power mode map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha View Post
I find the JDM box pretty much perfect, I don't really plan to change anything except perhaps to lower the temperature that the overheat mode kicks in. My engine is completely stock and my ECU and TCU are running the standard JDM maps.

What you suggest about the 2 to 1 downshift sounds interesting. I drive with the power button on nearly all the time. But I have noticed that when pulling away from a slow roll, it is often better to be in 2nd than 1st. The engine has plenty of torque available. Is that what you are talking about?

I have done a mod for the UK models to change the econ mode switch to a power mode switch. A few people have that now but nobody has tested it yet.

Other than that, I've been talking to a guy about doing one optimised for cars with the 4.44 or 4.11 diff swap. Somebody else is talking about swapping the internal gears in their box and wants a custom TCU for that. But I'm not working on either of these things yet.

I am planning to do a version of the USDM TCU that doesn't require signals from the ECU. It can be used with the standalone ECU that Tom is working on.

I do want to try the paddleshift code just to see it working. I wouldn't want to keep it on my car permanently.