View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Sold my soul to Subaru

Unhappy Check engine and VSS HELP!!! :(

I'm at my wits end right now. My check engine light has been on since 2006 whether it's throwing codes or not. I've recently done a ton of work to my car and she runs perfect and quiet as a mouse just like she's supposed to HOWEVER my check engine light is still flashing and I'm throwing a code for the Vehicle Speed Sensor. The speedometer works and I replaced the front VSS and then found out there is a second VSS on the bottom of the tranny and the wiring is build into the solenoid > from what I've read those rarely go bad. I've tried swapping the ECU and took of the gauge cluster and made sure all the rear screws were tight. Finally we found some corroded wires but don't have a terminal cleaner on hand to clean the pins. I don't care about the check engine light as long as she runs fine but unfortunately I'm in Tennessee now and you can't pass emissions with a check engine light on regardless if it's throwing codes or not and to make matters worse I can't even get a temp tag until it can pass. Has anyone else run into a
Problem like this? And if so how did you fix it?