View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 11:13 PM

Re: $36 Replacement ignition coils?

*chuckles* Yeah, the ol' fox is mine. She's been a loyal companion from the day we got it back in 93. But, she's falling apart. I thought about rebuilding her, but its just not worth it. So the engine, trans and rear suspension are going into a ford focus Muahahaha!

Yes, I did indeed read your page on the battery swap! Good info! I cheated with mine. Just a junction block for the positive cable to tie into the old existing positive. The ground on the battery leads to a bumper bolt under the rubber grommets, and the stock ground lead is bolted to the front bumper bolt. easy peasy. Also, the positive cable fits perfectly through an existing grommet in the wheel well where the airbag sensor wire is routed. This way i didnt have to go though the firewall.
The drivers seat.. I ditched the factory one to shed weight. Damn near 70 lbs. Its insane. I picked up this one from summit off the display sale section as a temporary seat and also to see if it will fit my co-driver. He's 6'4" 320lbs. With this seat sitting a good 4" lower than stock, his head still nearly hits the sunroof brackets. Ill be honest, Its the most uncomfortable seat I have ever sat in. I want to get my fixed back momo's in there asap. But in order to do that ill need to mount up the harness seatbelts. In order to do that ill need to get the cage fabricated in order to get the proper alignment on the belts. Also ill have to fabricate new floor mounts etc etc. My co-drivers seat will need to basically be mounted strait to the floor. Funny, it was never an issue in the wrx. Even with the cage o.O Im need to be creative in order to get this cage as tight as possible and still be in spec for Rally America.

As for the battery, Ill secure it better when i remove the spare tire well and plate it over.

The stock filter has only one line. The inlet from the tank and the outlet to the fuel rails. The other two are just tank returns. ... At least thats the way it is on the 96. ? Hmm. I dont recall how it was plumbed on my old 92.

Anywho, thanks for the comments fellas. The engine bay is always clean. I hate working on the car and having crud falling in my face. Also i can keep an eye on leaky seals

Last edited by smc; 04-03-2012 at 11:22 PM.