View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 12:52 PM

Well cost of the hinges depends on where you go. The quality of the hinges also depends on where you get them. My kit cost me $1500, and there were still parts that needed to be adapted. I have welding experience so I saved $$ in the additional fabrication.

The whole project lasted 6 days, basically 4 days working on it after work, and 2 weekend days. The critical measurements are taken from the existing door hinge bolt pattern length, meaning the distance from the top bolt hole to the bottom hole in the door and chassis.

The door length and weight is next to be considered, for the position of the lift shock. The shocks that work best in my hinges are 850lbs(trial and error), that's the lift capability.

The funny thing is, if I were to do this again I couldn't guarantee that it would turn out the same..., who knows maybe better All I know is there's a lot of fitting, cutting of steel and sheet metal, grinding, welding, and wires that have to be extended.

It also took much determination. But in the end....

...And yes this conversion is typically called: Lambo doors, Vertical doors(VDC), or Scissor doors. Other conversions have different hinge points that give a different door opening effect.

Good luck to all who try it.

94 Blue L, 5-speed, converted 4wd, Clear headlights, Angel Eyes, Converted Radiator and fan, White faced guages, Cross-drilled/slotted rotors, Lambo doors ...
------------------------------------