View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 09:26 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Well, to be honest, I want to set it up as a 501c. This would allow us to provide papers to companies, users, and such that donate money, equipment, tools and parts to be raffled, and such. But sadly, this costs a lot of money and normally requires set up by an attorney.

We will likely go the route of a LLC. The forums will remain free, but we will add some related services that people would pay small amounts for. The payments would change peoples status on the forums to "donating member" and minor services would be provided to them to use if they chose to do so. Services like email with our domain name, and web hosting.

We could easily track money through the system with something as small as Quickbooks. It would also make reports easy for tax purposes and such.
Chris what a bummer,

Way down here you could register as a non profit organisation, e.g. an amateur club, without incurring too much expense. Maybe you should operate from offshore. How do small clubs get on up there? Surely the is a member here with a legal background who can come to the party. Shout out loud, you have the means.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!