View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 09:40 PM
5 speeds rock! :D

I'm ending an era

With the exception of the old-timers, there are probably a lot of you who don't know me. I cut my teeth in car modifications on this forum originally building the SVreX (which competed well in the Grassroots Motorsports Challenge and broke SVXii into the 13's).

I've been putting together a listing to sell my baby- a 5 speed SVX with Konis and G/C, but I've been doing a lot of reminiscing.

It dawned on me that this board was really significant in developing in me what is a pretty big avocation in car modifying, taught me about my first car, and introduced me to what it was like to be involved in a a quality interactive internet forum. There were dozens of people who contributed to the success of my first car, and also influenced this build, as well as some great people (like Huck and Porter, among others) who mentored me and worked with me.

My time has come to part with my SVX, but it is also sort of a season of life passing as well.

And I just wanted to take a minute to thank you. Though my recent participation would say otherwise, you guys mean a lot to me.

For those who are interested, here's a link to the Ebay listing of my car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=280736738660

This is a great forum. Enjoy it. Thank you.

'92 LS-L Claret: '01 RS 4:11 5-speed, Exedy organic, lightened flywheel, and Koni/ GC