View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 11:49 PM

Re: Coilpack problems continue

This blew my mind...... My SVX refused to idle at all. hunt hunt stall was a SOP for it.

So just a couple days ago I decided to clean the battery terminals/cables due to it starting very hard. Turns out my body ground was completely hozed with severe corrosion on the screw. So I cleaned the hell out of the battery connectors on both the ground and the positive cable, cleaned the body ground wire connector, replaced the body ground screw with a new stainless socket head, and charged my battery to full.

The stalling is 100% gone. The hunting is 98% gone. When it hunts I see a voltage drop of .25v between the engine and the ground terminal of the battery and a .05V drop when at a smooth idle. It clearly spikes to the higher voltage drop at the very start of the hunting and then drops back slower. I did NOT clean the engine ground side of the negative battery cable yet so that might solve that side.

I plan to, but have not yet done a "grounding kit" to the alternator and a extra body ground to see if I can clean off that extra bit of resistance without dropping $$$$ for new battery cables.