View Single Post
Old 02-15-2003, 01:58 AM
deruvian

People driving in SUV's who are used to driving in sports cars are indeed dangerous. However Noir, I did drive both a 1989 Ford Bronco XLT with oversize tires and a 1984 Ford F150 XL before my SVX (along with a 2000 Subaru Forester, which was my Dad's). I think that after learning to drive in those three cars for about 7 months before my SVX will stop me from rolling in an SUV (like the 4Runner). However, my SVX did get rolled

My current vehicles now are a 1984 Ford F150 XL, along with my Dad's 2002 Ford Ranger FX4. I'm keeping things covered and safe for myself.

But for some reason, my parents are convinced that cars are infinitely unsafe compared to SUV's or trucks. That may be true for some cars (like Hondas or Geos, which are kinda the same as driving a box made of paper), but when cars are bought intelligently for their safety, they are just as safe if not safer. One of the main reasons for my purchase of an SVX was the fact that it was a Subaru, and Subaru is known for it's safety features. Thank Buddha for that roll cage, seriously. If I bought another car, it would undoubtedly be something just as safe as a Subaru, or a Subaru

Anyways, I am being forced to look at SUV's. Pretty much the only SUV that I like enough to purchase is a 4Runner. And my parents agree. So, if anyone knows of a good 4Runner for sale in the Sacramento, CA area let me know