View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 03:18 PM

OK guys, little update here!

Even if I was bored about partying with Mr. SVX today, the weather was nice so I checked that out.

First, as for the gas situation, everything is in working order. I disconnect the gas line between the filter and the fuel rail (To be sure that the filter is not clogged) and the gas was squirting fine at 'ON'.

Secondly, I checked for that knock sensor.. Is it suppose to be located beside the 'EG33' tag on the passenger side under the alternator? I think so. Wathever, it's plugged correctly and the wiring is looking good. I remember that I changed that knock sensor via the subaru dealer 1year ago... I dont know if they made a mistake or something when changing it? But anyway, how I can check if that sensor is working? And if it was not working, I would assume the check engine light to light up in the dash...

Then, I removed the first coil pack on the passenger side (Only the coilpack, not the spark plug) and check for fire. I was alone and I dont know if my ghetto 'setup' was working but I did not see any sparks pressing the screwdriver in the spark plug wire and grounding it to the aluminium intake manifold.

Well guys, that's where I am now. I have a 2 days break tomorrow and wednesday, I guess that if I dont find the problem during these days, I will tow the car at my local dealership.

Thanks again..