View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Graphic Artist

I'm leaning away from your fuel pump, the starting fluid should have at the very least produced a cough.

I'm thinking ignition, does the cranking sound different than usual? A faster or uneven cranking?

Double check that cam sensor. Its on the drivers side in front on top of the engine. (Check subaruparts.com for a diagram)

Check the TPS, and associated plug under the throttle body.

Did you try checking the relays in the engine compartment fuse panel? Could be as simple as a FI fuse blown.

There are a few spark plugs that are quite accessible, take one out and hold it against the intake plenum to see if you can find spark, I'm willing to be you won't see it.

If you think it IS the fuel pump, (sometimes the car will somehow intuit its problem to its owner) try one more time with the starting fluid, spray into the snorkus for a count of two, then immediately reconnect and try to start, if you wait to long it will simply evaporate. I would spray it up towards the MAF from the intake box, as its simpler to then just slam the lid down and have a friend crank the car immediately.

1995 Ebony Pearl. S.N. 0001 "Araby"

JDM Power Mode Switch, Integrated GPS/Video Player
6Xk Miles.

1992 Teal - Sold to Mysvxrocks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]