Thread: wheel bearings
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2004, 02:58 PM

if you have a local dealer, or a NAPA parts store getting the parts isn't hard. be careful because other parts houses may sell you the incorrect seals since (as of two years ago anyway) the BCA catalog had an error in their listing for the seal part numbers.

as to the other question, it depends on what you mean by limited tools. i did the job without ever having done one before , but I also had access to a hub tamer tool. without the hub tamer you must R&R the whole hub and get it to a parts house or machine shop with the proper pressing capability. other concerns: as an example, the R&R of the emergency/parking brake requires the same skills as a traditional drum brake job. getting some of the bolts off requires quite a bit of leverage and reinstallation requires a torque wrench.

if you should decide to tackle this, I would offer the following advice (that has the unfortunate side effect of slowing down the job)...only do one side at a time...that way you have a reference of what and how the various parts are connected.